9:18 PM

Ticket in my pocket...

July 4, 2010

Well, today was a big day. Fairly important as far as the development of my trip goes....I'd say.

I bought my ticket today, which happens to be USA's Independence Day...and interestingly, I will be arriving in Sao Paulo on Brazil's Independence Day (aka September 7th). How completely appropriate.

From what I understand, there will be a lot of parades- mostly military- and since its a holiday, everything will be closed. Regardless, it should be an interesting day to arrive in the city. A friend, Pe, has offered to pick me up from the airport, take me for *real* coffee (in his words, "Canadians drink coffee flavored water") then we will watch the parades.

Side note: I am still deciding if names need to be changed to protect the anonymity of the people I meet along the way...but the reality is, my mum is the only one who knows this exists. hi mum.

Real names it is.

And so, with a ticket in my pocket, a visa application submitted, and an ipod with a translation app, my countdown for the ten adventure can officially begin.

1 comments:

Antoine said...

It's sad that you mention your ipod here...