11:26 AM

Jorge e Mateus



Let me introduce you to Jorge e Mateus.

From what I've heard of their music, they're kinda like contemporary Brazilian country. They're good! I've downloaded some songs and I sing along to the few I know (If only I knew what I was singing - haha).

They will be playing at the Estancia Alto da Serra on September 11, 2010 (My birthday, conveniently). There is a group of us going, my friend Dani told me about these guys, and she even got a ticket for me...and I'm still in Canada!  How cool is she?

In other news, with 2 weeks to go, have been diligently listening to my Portuguese CD's and have a growing list of phrases that may come in handy scribbled in a notebook. Mostly stuff like "where is the bathroom?' (onde e banheiro?) and the one that will get the most use I am sure: "I am lost" (estou perdida).

This is my favorite song of Jorge e Mateus, "Amo Noite de Dia"

1 comments:

Jose-Luis said...

What a musical birthday! Have a good one!