8:15 AM

Enough about me.....

September 31, 2010

I have covered a lot of kilometres this week, and without an ipod, I have had plenty of time to think about my trip, this country, and the people in it. Now that I am at the end of my travels, I have made a few observations Id like to share- I came up with a list of things that to me, are very Brazilian and are the things that make this country so unique and so special:

havaianas
dancing (anywhere)
public displays of affection (anywhere)
tiny bathingsuits
quranana
kissing
beans
platform shoes
bananas
live music
tight clothes
sugar
BBQs
work horses
coke zero
paining the Brazil flag on everything (streets, buildings, fences, posts...everything)
salt
futebol
bossa nova
acai
drinking beer in the morning
socializing in the streets
rice
forro
motorbikes
nutella
cheese bread
graffitti
esspresso coffee
long life milk
jaywalking
samba
street vendors
mentos
crepes
colorful buildings
stray dogs
hammocks
fresh juice
religion
burning garbage
peeing anywhere (this applies to the men only)
cake for breakfast
selling things at traffic lights
singing
smiling
saudade
and striking up conversation with strangers.

I have such a different attitude towards Brazil now that I have been here for a while; for example, when I first arrived, I was like a shivering chiwawa whenever left to my own devices. But, somehow, I managed to navigate my own way through three states (Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, and Parana) and am so much more relaxed -about everything- I hope I take this new attitude back to Canada.

So, I lost an ipod, but gained some life experience.

Good trade Brazil.


6 comments:

Fabio said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chantal said...

Beautiful Heidi! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Heidi - I am so proud of you and happy for you - what a girl! Love you lots...mum xxxxx

Pedro Brandi said...

*peeing anywhere (this applies to the men only)* rly rly not true...

Anonymous said...

Pedro- umm.. rly rly is! I witnessed too many times not to add it to the list :)

Heidi

Pedro Brandi said...

was talking about the men only Oo