5:41 PM

Curitiba or bust.....

September 28 2010

I think three days in Buzios was plenty. I woke up on Monday with the distinct feeling that it was time to go. Buzios is amazing. It is a quaint, gorgeous place made for the rich and beautiful, and the lifestyle suites that accordingly. I feel like everything I did was in excess. I drank too much, shopped too much, ate too much (but slept too little....) had a blast, but it was time to move on.

10 hours on a bus (with a stop over in Rio) landed me back in Sao Paulo (aka home base) last night at 9pm. Pedro picked me up from the bus station and I stayed at his place again (aka home). Man it felt good to have a private room and a hot shower!! my head hit the pillow and I didn~t move all night.

Jardim Botanical Garden
This morning, I was dropped off near the metro to navigate my way to Curitiba, which is in Parana state. And, after another 8 hours on a bus, here I am.

My first impressions of Curitiba are not great...(not bad, but not great) I didn´t do any planning first, and because I arrived after dark, I am staying in an upscale hotel right in the city centre ($$) which I had to catch a taxi to get to ($$$). My only reason to be here is to see the Jardim Botanical Gardens, which I have been reading about for a year.

Better be good Jardim, better be good.

Tonight, here is some street fair happening outside the hotel, so I took a wander, but nothing to see except some hand crafts and baked goods. Time to look at some tourist info and wrap my head around this city.The plan is to stay here until Friday, as my last stop before I head back to Sampa (Sao Paulo) for one last hurrah with my friends.

Can't believe its almost over...I feel like Im just getting started.

1 comments:

Antoine said...

In that picture you look like a Bobblehead-Heidi.

Granted, best looking bobblehead I've ever laid eyes on :)