8:32 AM

Partying in Buzios, Rio

September 25, 2010

I woke up yesterday morning in Rio, and had to make a quick decision about where to next (check out was at noon) so, upon suggestion from my hostel room mate, I took a taxi to the Rio Bus station (not nearly as danderous as my travel book warned) and bought a ticket to Buzios, a BEAUTIFUL, expensive, boutique vacation village about 2 1/2 hours north of Rio de Janeiro. So, Here I am, in the infamous vacation home of Bridget Bardot: Buzios, Rio de Janeiro.


I am staying at the ´Nomad Hostel´ its right on the beach, and my room faces the ocean. And, thanks again to low season, I have the dorm to myself! nice. I met a bunch of girls from the hostel, 3 Dutch, and 2 Swiss...it was their last night here, and wanted to celebrate, so we all got dressed up and hit the town for some fun fun fun.

There is a big surf competition in Buzios right now, so there was a big dance party in the street for the event...there was a dj and a camera crew, very cool. After the street party, we headed to a Forro bar down the road and danced all night. We all woke up slightly traumatized, but flattered, by the Brazilian men and their forwardness- we all laughed about it at breakfast this morning.

Today, Im heading over to watch the surfing competition, then out for another big party tonight...I think I will enjoy it here in Buzios :)

2 comments:

Shelley said...

ahhhhhhh - enjoy the beach and sunny weather (I'm so jealous)... soak it up while you can - it's gonna get chilly here next week :(

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful....gt