4:50 AM

Paraty, BR

September 14 2010

Well the posts will likely be far and few between for the next week...I made a move to a gorgeous beach town called Paraty (pronounced Para-chi, not Partaaaaaaay!). Its a 6 hour bus ride through some of the most gorgeous landscape I have ever seen in my life...no descriptions can do it justice, but it was amazing.


O'Malley's Pub, Sao Paulo
My birthday weekend was unreal.. on Friday night, all of my Brazilian friends came out to a bar called OMalleys, at midnight, they sang a Brazilian version of Happy Birthday (and then the American version for us foreigners!) Fer and his girlfriend got me a Victor & Leo DVD (they are like Jorge & Mateus) some Brazilian lotion, and a bracelet!

It was an incredible night.


Jorge e Mateus Concert
Daniela picked me up from Pe s house Saturday morning. The Jorge e Mateus concert on Saturday night was like nothing I have ever seen before...It was so fun! I didn't realize it until we got there, but we had VIP seating, so we were right at the stage! They are awesome entertainers and I danced the entire time. The band didn't start until 1:30am, and we didnt get back home until 7am!

Needless to say, I slept all day.

Sunday (later that day) we went out again for Danielas birthday, we went to a restaurant style bar called Dona Flora where I tried Brazilian two stepping for the first time. it is farrr more sensual than the american two stepping, and I have a long way to go before my hips move like that, but my dance partner was patient and it was really fun!

Now Im I am staying at a really quaint hostel called Rio de Hostel, and spent last night drinking cervejas with 5 English, 1 Dutch, and a Brazilian...we are all meeting this morning at 10am for a day-long boat ride out to some of the islands near by. After a week in the city, I am really looking forward to getting some sun

Paraty, Rio de Janairo


ps my appologies for the typos and grammar errors, these keyboards are set for Portuguese.

1 comments:

Shelley said...

You're not missing much here...I am sick with a head/stomach flu....Spencer injured his foot - he is limping and depressed....and it's supposed to be -5C on Friday night :( Wish I was in Brazil too, lol :) Have fun!!!