8:21 AM

Ilha Grande, Rio

I have been in Ilha Grande for 2 days now. The trip didnt start off so nice, because in the mad rush to make the bus, I forgot my passport in the hostel locker (in Paraty)...I remembered this little detail as the bus was about to leave...luckily they let me off and I managed to get my stuff. Rookie mistake.

SO! Let me tell you about Ilha Grande!! I booked a room at the youth hostel based on a reccomendation from some friends in Paraty- it was such a bomb, I can~t even tell you how bad- because whatever you are thinking, it was worse. Plus, I had to share a tiny dorm room with 2 guys, a german and a Pomme. During the night, some drunk guy jumped into the hostel pool, but there was no water in it and, tragically, hes in the hospital and might not make it. it was a crazy night.

So, first thing in the morning, I packed my bags and decided to treat myself to a few nights in a Pousada...The sun was shining and the weather was 30 degrees, so I decided to rent some snorkel gear, I stumbled across a boat that was about to leave for a full day of sailing, so, I hopped on.

Ilha Grande

Blue Lagoon


The tour guide, Andre, was awesome. When we stopped at one of the islands, he asked me if I wanted to see my own private beach...so we left the group and headed through some forrest to the most pristine beach I have ever seen. While the rest of the group was having lunch, we swam. Later last night, we met up again and he showed me how to make real Brazilian Caiprinhas, and we wandered the town, and eneded up watching and dancing to a Bossa Nova band playing in the street. Great night...!

Today is rainy, so I am not doing much. I have booked 2 more days on the island because it is too beautiful to leave. Not sure what the plan is after that....

1 comments:

Antoine said...

Wow, these beaches are amazing as well as that blue lagoon. Must have been spectacular!