4:30 AM

Futebol in Rio de Janerio

September 23, 2010

Wow. what a night.

Dispite the fact that no one from my Hostel was going to the futebol game, I decided I wasnt going to miss this opportunity. The taxi bus stopped at a few hostels other than mine. First, and Aussie and a Canadian got on, then, two more Aussies!!! (just my luck!). Then, at the last hostel,10 guys got on the bus, and wait for it...they were a Canadian soccer team in Rio for a futebol tournament!!! (not even kidding you).

The game was incredible! The fanfare was like nothing I have ever seen before.........the PASSION! I was standing most of the game and yelling along with the crowd, you can~t help but embrace the moment. The give you toilet paper, balloons and confetti to throw too, it was so amazing. Luckily (in my opinion) the game was a tie so post game there was no infamous brawling.

I am about to go for a run along the beach (Ipanema) and today I tour the city... I can't wait :)

0 comments: